Tuesday, January 25, 2011


This used to be a little independent music store in my home town, Mankato, MN, called "Ernie November".  I worked there for about 5 years during college and grad school.  I met some amazing people during that time and had some great experiences.  Much of it was complete monotony, straightening shelves, shooing out hoodlums and street people, smoking cigarettes and staring at the same fucking rock posters day after day.  I never appreciated much in that time of my life--always wanting to get to the next part.  But looking back, there were lots of stories to tell, lots of free shows at First Avenue and the like, and the best part, some juicy secrets to keep.  

1 comment:

  1. I miss Ernie's!!! The smells, the people, the music, the organized shelves, haha, etc....were all awesomely awesome!

    ReplyDelete